I'm happy to provide some quality care and counseling when it comes to family law, but for your criminal defense, I know first and foremost that a strong fighter is what you need.
TYPES OF CRIMINAL LAW
Like family law, areas of criminal law can branch off into their own specific sub-categories. When you set up a consultation with me, here are a few things we can discuss in detail regarding your criminal charges:
- Drug charges. Say your son or daughter is charged with possession of marijuana. Depending on the amount, 2 ounces for instance, we can talk about the criminal procedure including litigation or sentencing, the defendant's rights, juvenile delinquency, or even expungement eligibility. Drug manufacturing and drug trafficking may also be applicable in these cases.
- DUI & DWI; when it comes to driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated, there is much to know about when these charges may be considered a felony — as opposed to a misdemeanor.
- Property crimes include theft, robbery (theft through physical force, such as with armed robbery), or burglary (breaking in with intent to commit a crime inside the building or property).
- Fraud, such as identity theft, is a serious offense, but I want to make sure you know as much about your case as possible before we go into litigation, if it comes to that.
- Parole Cases. Maybe you're on a conditional release from prison. In this case, it's important you know not to sign anything stating you violated that parole without your lawyer present.
We need to assess your options as soon as possible; there may be ways for us to get you the best outcome from the options that I'll provide to you.