Family Law

Person Signing a Document

When spouses seek a TRO—for reasons other than domestic violence—they usually make their request in conjunction with filing the divorce petition (sometimes called the divorce “complaint”). If you’re worried about your spouse leaving the area with your children or using all of the marital savings, you will want some protections in place as soon as […]

Read More
Man and Woman Smiling

Very generally, here are the rules for determining what’s community property and what isn’t: Community property includes all earnings during marriage and everything acquired with those earnings. All debts incurred during marriage, unless the creditor was specifically looking to the separate property of one spouse for payment, are community property debts. Separate property of one […]

Read More